Manuscript Critique ServiceTELL YOUR STORY. HONE YOUR CRAFT. HONOR YOUR CREATIVE SELF!
Invest in your writing; invest in yourself!
Quick, professional critiques focused on giving constructive feedback to writers of all experience levels.
I am now doing picture book critiques through the Loft Literary Center’s NEW Manuscript Critique and Coaching program! Find more information here!
FOR OTHER TYPES OF CRITIQUES:
Please contact me to discuss your project before sending. Generally, I work for an hourly fee of $50/hr and can provide you with a time estimate via email. All critiques include in-depth editorial letters and thorough line-editing of your work, and all critiques can be done electronically or in hard copy. Typically you will be asked to send:
- A letter briefly describing yourself as a writer and your goals for the piece.
- A properly formatted manuscript in Word (double spaced, 12pt readable font, numbered pages, contact information and word count on page 1). No artwork please.
- With snail-mail submissions, send a SASE large enough and with enough postage to return the full manuscript to you along with a critique letter.
- Payment: I work for an hourly fee of $50/hr and can provide you with a time estimate via email. Send a check payable to Molly Beth Griffin, or you may use PayPal (button below).
I will email you upon receiving your manuscript and payment to let you know they arrived safely. Then, within 2-3 weeks, I will mail/email you:
- A 1-2 page editorial letter giving my general response to your story—its strengths, and the major areas in which it could grow.
- Your line-edited manuscript, marked with comments indicating specific places where your writing is at its best, and suggesting changes in places where the text could be stronger. Emailed manuscripts will be line-edited using “track changes” in Microsoft Word.
- I may also suggest published books that you could study to help you with your piece, or writing craft books that might have useful information for you.
*note: PayPal will call it a donation, but this is only so you are able to enter your amount manually. Use this button for independent critiques and distance learning classes NOT processed through the Loft. If you are receiving critique/coaching through the Loft’s Manuscript Critique and Coaching program, you will pay through the Loft’s website.